Housekeeping -PRNIndianapolis, Indiana
Community Rehabilitation Hospital North is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Indiana.
Community Rehabilitation Hospital North, located on the Community Hospital North medical campus and in partnership with Kindred Healthcare, is an inpatient facility that offers superior access and the latest equipment to improve the lives of individuals with a broad range of diagnoses - from brain and spinal cord injury to stroke and amputation.
Our 63,000 square foot facility has 60 beds and serves as a Midwestern regional provider for patients with complex physical and neurological injuries and has an advanced accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Adult Inpatient Care and for their Inpatient Brain Injury Specialty Program, Stroke Specialty Program and Amputee Program as well as Joint Commission disease-specific certifications in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
Cleans and services building areas including patient rooms, common areas, floors, office areas etc. Moves furniture, trash, equipment and supplies and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors, walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and/or shine floors; replace paper and soap produces in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery including vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Collect and remove trash from building each day.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems. May perform minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for stocking linens throughout the hospital.
- Assists with office or room moves if needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and other hospital staff.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.