Dining Room Tech Indianapolis, Indiana
THIS POSITION IS ESTIMATED TO BE AROUND 20 HOURS PER WEEK, INCLUDING SATURDAY AND SUNDAY DAY SHIFTS (APPROX. 6A-2:30P)
Under the direct supervision of the Dining Services Supervisor, the Dining Room/Diet Tech delivers patients their meal trays, monitors the dining room during meals, and oversees/manages all diet changes.
- Ensure new admissions from day before are entered in meal tracker correctly and have menus
- Verifies tray accuracy prior to delivering patients tray
- Help patients during meal times who may need assistance opening packages, cutting meats, etc
- Help patients fill out menus for the next day
- Record % meal intakes, % supplement intakes and give to nursing
- Prepares nourishments/snacks for patients and deliver to nursing unit
- Checks diet change email before lunch and periodically throughout the day and make necessary corrections in meal tracker
- Print new menus for patients as needed and ensure old menus are taken out
- Visit with patients who have dietary/menu concerns. Alert RD as necessary
- Review pt’s menus and make necessary corrections on CHO counts, renal menus, etc
- Verify diet order in EPIC vs meal tracker
- Assist in dining room/kitchen cleaning duties
- May be responsible for light prep food items for patient/customer care
- May assist with customer care as it relates to the dining room process
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience working in hospital food service preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.