Certified Dialysis Technician - PRN Indianapolis, Indiana
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Certified Dialysis Technician, you will:
- The Certified Dialysis Technician position provides acute hemodialysis treatment for hospitalized dialysis patients in licensed acute hospitals or sub-acute facilities.
- Receives patient into treatment and exam area and performs patient data collection.
- Records vital signs and all other parameters of dialysis patients as per Kindred policy or state regulations or both.
- Obtains blood samples and culture specimens, and prepares for shipment.
- Sets-up and monitors dialysis machines and reverse osmosis (RO) water system for correct functioning.
- Responds to visual and audible alarms and makes appropriate adjustments before, during and after the dialysis treatment.
- Performs safety checks as directed by the registered nurse prior to, during, and following dialysis treatment.
As a Certified Dialysis Technician, you will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Dialysis Technician Certification by CMS, approved state certification program, or a national commercially available certification program.
- Certified Nurse Assistant / CNA, Certified Medical Assistant /CMA, or Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- A current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / CPR via American Heart Association.
- Minimum of two years Certified Dialysis Technician work experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.