Admissions Coordinator Full TimeIndianapolis, Indiana
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred's transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As an Admissions Coordinator you will:
- Participate in continuing education/ professional development activities.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of Kindred Healthcare and the Region Office as it applies.
- Learn and develop full knowledge of the Central Admissions Office (CAO) Admission process
- Complete verification of admission pre-certification and insurance benefits if patient is to be admitted.
- Learn and have a full understanding of scheduling and pre-register routines in Meditech.
- Coordinate bed availability with nurse manager. (obtain MOT for patient transfer to Kindred).
- Meet and network with case managers and other referral sources to build rapport and trust in our admission services.
- Develop positive relationships and establish open communication with referral sources. including internal/external hospital case managers, social workers, nursing staff, physicians, and third party payors.
- Participate in team business and referral development committee meetings in coordination with our Sales and Marketing Teams.
As an Admissions Coordinator you will have:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of a bachelors degree program with a healthcare related area of concentration or be a licensed health care provider preferred.
Experience in a healthcare related area is preferred. Work experience with an adult geriatric disabled population is desirable.
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.