Occupational Therapist PRN Houston, Texas
LifePoint is a leader in community-based healthcare, becoming a diversified healthcare delivery network with 50,000 dedicated employees and more than 3,000 employed providers working in more than 65 community hospital campuses, more than 30 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum. We also have more than 15 new rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals currently under development. With many locations, we are certain to have a job for you!
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. We welcome you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
- After evaluating your patient's condition, you'll develop a specialized treatment plan to help him/her achieve as much as possible in regaining his/her well-being through exercise and/or use of prosthetic and orthotic devices. You and your staff will play an important role in his/her recovery.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Document patient care in accordance with regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
As an Occupational Therapist / OT you will have:
Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
Minimum of six months occupational therapy experience preferred.
Current and unrestricted Occupational Therapy license in the state where services are rendered.
Current CPR certification.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.