ICU RN Full Time Day/ NightHouston, Texas
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Registered Nurses answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our nurses provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our Registered Nurses play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As an ICU Registered Nurse / ICU RN you will:
- Deliver quality patient care by contributing to the nursing care plan from admission to discharge.
- Prepare assessment of patient's progress and keep family informed.
- Monitor pain management procedures.
- Participate in the discharge planning process.
- Ensure current and accurate patient documentation.
- Supervise ancillary staff members.
- Knowledge of medication - administration procedures.
- At least six months Medical/Surgical experience in an acute-care setting is preferred. Critical Care experience preferred.
- BCLS certification is required. ACLS preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse / RN.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, an Associate’s degree, or a Nursing diploma from an accredited Institution as a Registered Nurse / RN.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.