Clinical Rehab Specialist/Clinical Liaison - Full-Time - Houston Medical CenterHouston, Texas
Job #: 413352
Our results-driven Clinical Liaison has an abundance of positivity and enthusiasm in addition to being a self-starter. Specifically, the Clinical Liaison will educate the community about the services provided, and develop and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, and medical professionals. The Clinical Liaison will facilitate the identification and assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. The Clinical Liaison also will have the ability to use their clinical skills while working in a strategic business environment and enjoy the flexibility of working independently while being a part of a dedicated and talented team. Join us as a business partner and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Clinical Liaison at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
- Relationship expertise
- Good listener
Patients who have undergone major surgery, illness or suffered catastrophic injuries often require different levels of help during their recovery – going from acute care, through post-acute and then on to rehabilitation – before they can return to a normal life. In my role I offer referral facilities a proven and recognized resource for their patients who need advanced rehabilitative services. And personally for me, I am honored to play a part in our patient’s recovery by providing the link to the care they need to get back home with their families.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
As a Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist, you will:
Be responsible for development and implementation of educational and community relations activities which will support awareness and utilization of the rehabilitation program's services. Demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion. Demonstrate knowledge as Acute Rehabilitation content expert.
- Ability to review patient medical charts and understand pharmaceuticals, test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and have a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Ability to clearly and professionally interact with patients, families, and healthcare providers while gathering additional clinical information and past history.
- Conduct thorough patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the system.
- Complete detailed Pre-Admission Screens, as applicable, according to facility policies and procedures, KHRS policies and procedures, and payer requirements, as applicable.
- Target area research including analysis of like programs and alternative levels of care.
- Schedule meetings; arrange conferences and group events for medical professionals including potential and existing referral sources, doctors, nurses, social workers and other health care professional.
- Provide patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers, social workers and other relevant persons.
- Maintain solid working relationships with new and existing referral sources by providing excellent after-sales service.
- Participate in direct contact with patients and patient representatives as required for clinical services, for educational services as requested by patients, or for quality assurance.
- Develop educational and community relations plans in consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and host hospital CEO.
- Maintain effective communication and listening skills with patients, families, healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Complete monthly operations summary report.
- Prepare reports and weekly plans within CRM tool as well asterritory analysis and submitting t hem to management.
- Consult with corporate Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Consultants, and Denials Management Department.
- Participate in team meetings along with Medical Director, Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others, as applicable.
- Function as a resource for and provide team members with in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria, diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of program clinical/administrative functions.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Regularly attend industy events, training, company meetings, briefings, and educational workshops.
- Participate in Clinical Program Development as identified through market demand.
- Educate specific specialized physicians on quality, programs, accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation, as applicable.
- Participate in program quality management activities. Collect quality review data. Participate in survey preparation activities. Interact with assigned program consultant. Participate in unit safety activities.
- Ability to analyze market data to indentify opportunities within the acute rehabilitation program.
- Ability to research and analyze competitors market success.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with technology
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, co-workers and others, demonstrting great customer service and listening skills.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital and KHRS.
- Ability to travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
- Ability to communicate well utilizing a multitude of different media.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 80%
- At a minimum, should be a graduate of a four year college program with a bachelor’s degree in a health related, business or marketing area of concentration, nursing or therapy preferred
- Applicable and current clinical license to practice in accordance with the state
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation required
- A track record of successful experience in a health care setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers
- Clinical experience is required
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.