Blood Bank Laboratory SupervisorHouston, Texas
$7500 Sign-On Bonus
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? Our vision is to be the premier healthcare company in the world, which we will achieve through trusted, innovative, and compassionate partnerships.
At Kindred Healthcare we provide care and support in the most appropriate care setting for those recovering from illness or injury. Whether a patient receives care in our hospitals or in one of our rehabilitation facilities, our purpose is to ensure they recover to the fullest extent possible
As a Laboratory Supervisor you will:
- Supervises the work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems.
- Develops and implements quality control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory equipment and compliance with Federal regulations; prepare and maintain applicable records.
- Establishes and maintains instrument maintenance procedures; assists in instrument troubleshooting.
- Prepares technical reports reflecting volume of work, procedures utilized and test results; coordinates the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
As a Laboratory Supervisor you will have:
- Valid State Clinical Lab Scientist as required by state, preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board, preferred.
- Requires 2 years clinical laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of current laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, materials and ability to perform standardized biological, chemical and microbiological examinations independently.
- The ability to make and record scientific observations accurately, prepare and present scientific records and reports and observe safety precautions and practices.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.