Manager Health Information Management, HIMHollywood, Florida
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients’ home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Health Information Manager / HIM you will:
- Plan, organize, and direct the provision of medical record services
- Establishes policies procedures, standards, transmission, indexing, abstracting, research, filing, storage, retrieval and maintenance
- Provides prospective payment system guidance and serves as HIPAA privacy designee.
As a Health Information Manager / HIM you will have:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Health Information Technology or a Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management
- Certification by examination as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or as a Registered Health Information Technologists (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association.
- Five (5) years experience in medical records. Two (2) years in a supervisory role with experience in hiring and performing evaluations. Previous experience in an electronic medical record environment preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.