Training Implementation Specialist, Clinical EducationHavertown, Pennsylvania
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Clinical Education Training Implementation Specialist functions in the role of expert clinician in collaboration with the Director of Education and the CCO. Work flow is based upon the clinical education needs of the staff. This role provides clinical support to the Nursing department and is actively engaged with the bedside staff, acting as a preceptor, trainer and/or educator. Acts as a role model, patient advocate, change agent, leader, and supporter of the core values and Kindred mission.
- Models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of concepts in the areas of assessment, critical thinking, planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan and goals.
- Assists and provides direction to nursing staff with clinical decision-making and priority setting.
- Provides clinical and classroom hands-on instruction, and on the job coaching to licensed and unlicensed personnel.
- Functions as a preceptor, mentor, and facilitator of nursing care with direct involvement in implementing and evaluating new techniques and equipment for safety, cost-effectiveness, and benefits related to nursing practice.
- Provides approved clinical services within scope of practice.
- Serves as a resource to nursing staff and other healthcare personnel in the acquisition of knowledge and skills related to nursing knowledge.
- In collaboration with the Director of Education and Clinical leadership and in response to the needs of the facility, develops and implements educational information, materials, and programs for discharge planning and teaching of healthcare consumers.
- Coordinates plans for the professional development of the nursing staff.
- Recommends staff development program and resource needs to administration for budgets and contains expenditures to current budget.
- Ensures that staff education and skills validation regarding patient care procedures and equipment is completed and submitted to the DOE timely.
- Ensures that documentation for all training and education is completed and maintained in accordance with state, federal and Kindred Compliance program requirements in conjunction with the DOE.
- Provides supplemental training and education as applicable for identified performance concerns and makes recommendations for additional training and follow up to the Department Director or designee.
- Collaborates with clinical nurses and other members of the healthcare team to problem solve complex clinical situations for specialty needs of patients.
- Participate in hospital committees and meetings to facilitate improvement of patient care and development of goals, philosophies and objectives for a specialized patient population.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, RN required, BSN degree strongly preferred or in process
- License as a RN in the state employed
- Valid CPR teaching certificate preferred
- BLS certification required
- ALS certification required
- Five years acute care clinical nursing experience
- Critical Care experience required
- Prior experience as an Educator preferred, Preceptor experience accepted
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.