RT, Respiratory Therapist, Full Time NIGHTS 15K Sign on Bonus Havertown, Pennsylvania
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Respiratory Therapistyou will:
- Responsible for administering safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per physician, monitoring mechanical ventilation, administering medications, patient assessment, understanding ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, understanding blood work results, monitoring, teaching, and training.
As a Respiratory Therapist you will have:
- As required for Registry by National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Testing Personnell: Must meet one of the following:
- (1) Have earned an associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical lab technology or
- (2) Have a high school diploma or GED and have successfully completed a military medical lab procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have the Medical Laboratory Specialist (lab tech); or
- (3)Have a high school diploma or GED and have documentation of training appropriate for the testing to be performed prior to analyzing patient specimens such as: Skills required for proper specimen collection, handling, labeling, preservation, processing, preparation and storage, skills required for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, implementing all standards of lab practice, quality control, Working knowledge of reagent stability and storage and awareness of factors that influence test results.
- Certified / Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Appropriate licensure from state licensure agency.
- BCLS and ACLS certifications and maintain them for the duration of employment.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.