DIALYSIS RN, Registered Nurse Full TimeHavertown, Pennsylvania
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Registered Nurses answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our nurses provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our Registered Nurses play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will:
- The Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN provides professional nursing care to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital in need of renal replacement therapy.
- This position reports directly to the Dialysis Program Manager or Dialysis Supervisor for the respective facility.
- Documents patient's physical assessment, vital signs, patients treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records; brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse.
- Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders.
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and discusses issues with the nephrologist.
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications, and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient's physician.
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the hemodialysis flow sheet or hospital EMR.
As a Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse / RN license in the state of practice required.
- Current CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- Two or more years of experience as a Registered Nurse / RN.
- At least one year of acute or chronic dialysis experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.