Speech Language Pathologist -PRNGreenwood, Indiana
Job ID: 377341
As a Kindred Speech Language Therapist, you’ll focus on each unique patient, assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing. Our supportive, collaborative environment allows you to be at your best as you create a fun and dynamic healing environment for you and your patients. Join us and see all you can accomplish at an organization that embraces kindness, stays focused on the patient, and promotes and rewards both individual achievement and team success.
What do you need to be a successful Speech Language Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I've been here several years, and I’m still learning every single day. Also, there's nothing like someone being able to hear their voice for the first time.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Selects, administers, and adapts appropriate evaluations upon receipt of referral from
Modifies treatment plan as needed and utilizes appropriate treatment techniques.
Completes patient documentation and department paperwork within given time
Counsels and instructs patient and/or family in specific techniques, current status, and
Prepares, presents, and/or attends in-services or other continuing education activities.
Participates in departmental operations and development/implementation of new
Establishes and maintains a safe environment conducive to effective team functioning,
Performs patient care activities safely and accurately according to age specific criteria.
Uses verbal/nonverbal communications skills that promote effective team functioning
Maintains the philosophy, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the hospital,
- Knowledgeable in anatomy/physiology, evaluation and therapy, theoretical conceptsand techniques, current materials and technological advances, and new professional trends
- Ability to effectively provide quality service to impaired individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, peers, patients, families, physicians, andall internal/external customers
- Basic understanding of the behaviors, developmental needs, physical needs, emotional needs, and comfort of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient
- Ability to lift/transfer patients or treatment supply items without restriction
- Upper extremity strength and manual dexterity needed for writing, treatment modalities,and equipment operation
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.