Receptionist - PRN Greenwood, Indiana
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
Selected candidate could pick up hours during days, evenings or weekends between the hours of 7:45 AM to 8:15 PM so availability during those times would be important as we have a small reception team. The reception desk is staffed 7 days a week.
Could develop into part time or full time as hospital grows.
This person answers telephones, greets and assists visitors and assists in performing clerical tasks. He or she possesses good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Manages incoming calls.
Processes outgoing mail as needed (support groups, etc.).
Assists coworkers with documents using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
Maintains confidentiality of all data.
Assists with the admission process by obtaining signatures on evening shift and by scanning documents into RGN as needed and as time permits.
Supports the administration team and other departments with miscellaneous projects.
Coordinates application process for perspective new hires as needed.
Directly communicates with and assists hospital customers.
The employee must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to reflect proper image for the Hospital and the board members, medical staff, community leaders and fellow employees.
Must have good organizational skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information, and carry out duties independently.
Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental in-services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Documented experience in administrative or executive secretary role or similar position.
- Proficient use of computer word processing.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to deal tactfully with patients, physicians, visitors and the general public.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.