Plant Operations WorkerGreenwood, Indiana
Consider Community Rehabilitation Hospital South for your next opportunity. Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a joint venture between Community Health Network and Kindred. Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
Candidate will work as needed or PRN
Assists in assigned activities of plant operation functions which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems and grounds of the hospital in an operative and safe working condition.Assists in maintaining performance improvement activities within the facility and participates in CQI activities.
Performs general maintenance and repair duties to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Physical Plant. Receives daily direction from The Manager of Plant Operations via verbal or written communications.
Position is Part-Time
- Reports daily to the Manager of Plant Operations regarding the physical and structural conditions of hospital facilities and the status of work in progress.
- Follows department schedule under the tardy and absence guideline to include but not limited to weekend on-call.
- Participates in the applications of standards of quality and productivity for the facility. Follows policies, procedures and standards of work performance for maintenance and repair of equipment, buildings and building systems.
- Assists in administering the maintenance program to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant.
- Works closely with other departments and administration.Negotiates priorities, plans work schedules, completes job assignments, and requests orders of needed materials, supplies and parts.
- Performs and completes maintenance repair work, alterations, remodeling, minor construction, and checks out installation and servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment and building systems.
- Assists with maintaining stock levels of materials and parts within budgetary constraints.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements in regards to the energy management program.
- Assists with coordination of all fire and safety measures throughout the hospital, including fire and safety inspections and procedures in conjunction with Safety and Security Departments when requested.
- Participates in performance improvement and information management activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with regulatory detail of policy and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Joint Commission standards.
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Familiar with work request software.
- AT least 2 years experience with maintenance preferably in a hospital setting
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.