Cook Greenwood, Indiana
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
The cook prepares, seasons and cooks food for hospital patients, staff and visitors and also act as a lead in the department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and adhering to food safety requirements.
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times and tests foods being cooked to ensure proper seasoning etc.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and poultry in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner and adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior food service or customer service experience with cooking experience preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.