CNA DaysGreenwood, Indiana
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital opening on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
CNA and CPR certification preferred.
The following functions describe the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all of these duties, or may perform additional, related duties not listed here.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment conducive to effective team functioning, positive patient outcomes, and personal safety.
- Maintains the philosophy, mission, goals, objectives, and policies and procedures of the hospital, department, and unit.
- Participates in educational experiences to increase their own knowledge and skills.
- Provide patient care and service in a willing and courteous manner.
- Provide specific patient care in accordance with corporate, hospital, and unit standards.
- Assists nursing team members with patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse(s).
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, position and/or transfer patients and equipment, using proper body mechanics.
- Able to stand/walk between 8-12 hours per day.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff, patients, families, and visitors.
- Prioritize and appropriately manage their time among multiple tasks/projects.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English effectively.
- Stand, stretch, squat, stoop, reach, grasp, push, pull, lift, and work in cramped quarters.
- Hear spoken word as well as telephone and equipment alarms.
- See well, with correction, as a distance of at least 20 feet and up close.
- Maintain emotional control in effectively dealing with learners, patients, visitors, situations, and other Care Team members.
- Interact with others with diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Greet patient/family and provide orientation to unit/center and room
- Assist patient with personal needs
- Assist patient with packing and unpacking belongings
- Straighten and tidy patient’s room including, but not limited to, removal of trash, linens, unneeded supplies, and equipment
- Demonstrate initiative to straighten and tidy unit
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all HIPAA rules
- Maintain attendance and punctuality standards
- Adhere to professional appearance guidelines
- Adhere to Personal Electronic Device policyPATIENT CAREPerforms Patient Care Competencies as listed in the Patient Support Partner Role Summary. In addition, performs all patient care in accordance with unit specific guidelines and/or regulations.
- Apply male exdwelling catheters
- Perform straight and foley catheterization (male and female)
- Discontinue foley catheters (male and female)
- Assist with administer cleansing, lubricating enemas as directed by RN/LPN
- Perform simple, clean, and sterile dressing changes after Registered Nurse completes site assessment
- Obtain MRSA Screening Cultures
- Performs Phlebotomy
- Tube feedings (bolus and continuous), may check residuals on G-tubes as directed
- Perform EKG, ICU, PCU, and ED units only
- Set up sterile field, assists to gather equipment for sterile procedures, and prepares instruments for return to CSR
- Performs sterile scrubs
- Perform Wii therapy session
- Observes and records patient behavior, instructs patients in appropriate behavior and other areas of retraining.
- Contributes to patient care conferences.
- Care for patients in isolation
- Always follow Standard Precautions
- Care for patient in restraints
- Performs BLS, CPR per American Heart Association Healthcare Provider guidelines, acts as runner, cares for other patients during Code Medical.
- Use proper body mechanics
- Communicate any changes in patient status to nurse promptly
- Actively participates in maintaining a culture of safety
- Removes, tags and calls UDS for broken equipment and environmental hazards
- Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate department, nurse, or supervisor.
- Consistently follows fall/skin prevention plan
- Monitors patients for their safety and for health care providers safety (such as for harrassment,suicide and violence)
- Transport patients safely via wheelchair, cart or bed
- Handle specimens as directed by offsite lab
- Obtain equipment and supplies as needed
- Obtain O2 tank and transport with patient
DOCUMENTATION (paper and/or computer)
- Document vital signs and weights on Admission Database and flowsheet forms
- Documents on restraint form and agitation scales in EPIC.
- Document Intake (fluid and meals)& Output (including wound drains, ostomy and wall suction)
- Document all care provided or refusal of care
- Document percentage of meal and/or snack consumed or refused
- Document variances and to whom reported
- Document weight and height in wheelchair or bed.
- Report any variances or changes from patient norm to the nurse
- Perform Handoff Communication between shifts and during breaks
- Verify Plan of Care with nurse
- Report any pertinent dietary information to nurse (i.e. carb counting, fluid intake)
- Collaborates with Registered Nurse and other care team members regarding the care of the patient
- Communicates frequently with RN or LPN in accordance to unit standards
- Restock when supplies are low and prior to end of shift
- Completes purposeful patient rounding at assigned frequency
- Answer call lights promptly for all patients in department
- Identify the needs and expectations of customers and strive to exceed them
- Clean equipment and transport to designated area per protocol
- Communicate observations/changes in patient status to nurse
- Successfully complete all mandatory in-services by due date
- Actively participates in handoff communication and report
- Utilize resources/supplies effectively
- Practice continuous Process/Quality Improvement and assists in data collection
- Work within scope of practice
- Reinforce Plan of Care and patient education
- Maintain tidiness of patient room and unit
- Utilizes computer only for work related tasks
- Print information necessary for completion of select processes, i.e. specimen requisitions
- Utilizes computer for assigned patient care duties
- Utilizes computer for company business such as network email, education, accessing network resources, and My Info account information
- Competently and safely uses patient equipment including but not limited to; beds, wheelchairs, carts, communication devices, IV poles, nasal cannula, bladder scanner, blood glucose monitor, Dinamap, pulse oximeter, lift and transfer devices, scales, bed alarms, hoyer lift, EZ-stand, and Nurse Call
- Follow network guidelines for cleaning used equipment
- Able to perform basic wheelchair maintenance and modification
- Demonstrates a learning attitude toward solving problems
- Demonstrates ability to respectfully address interpersonal conflicts
- Takes initiative to help others
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrates openness to change and willingness to learn new material.
- Demonstrates advocacy, respect, and truth-telling/veracity.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Previous successful experience in a similar role
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalent
REQUIRED LICENSE: Preference for CNA certificate
- Positive interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and personnel
- Ability to use a computer for documentation and work related purposes
- Maintain attendance and punctuality standards
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.