Clinical Supervisor RNGreenwood, Indiana
Day Shift clinical supervisor
Community Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the south side of Indianapolis, a patient-focused, specialized rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and multiple trauma.
The House Supervisor functions under the direction and supervision of the CCO and assumes responsibility for the hospital. The house supervisor in collaboration with the CCO and leadership team assists to implement, interpret and assure compliance with policies and procedures including regulatory and accreditation standards. The house supervisor directly supervises the nurses. The house supervisor is responsible for implementing hospital goals and objectives based on budget parameters. The house supervisor reinforces the mission and vision of the hospital in all interactions.
- The clinical supervisor assures the provision of safe and effective patient care after hours, on weekends, and on holidays.
- Responsibilities include assessment of all departments in order to assure continuity of care and report pertinent information to management and administration.
- Provides a professional working environment for employees.
- The clinical supervisor is responsible for effectively communicating unusual occurrences or complaints for follow-up and intervenes immediately when needed.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ensures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice ad HIPAA.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on Functional Independent Measure (FIM); assures timely and accurate FIM assessments and scoring are performed.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- Coordinate new admissions: staff assignments and room placement.
- Ensures nursing attendance and participation in team conferences.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicated the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Graduate of accredited registered nurse program with current licensure in the state. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required,
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) required on eligibility.
- Minimum of two years of previous nursing management required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel; effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required.
- Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.