Therapy Director - Greenville, MSGreenville, Mississippi
Position: Director of Rehabilitation
The incumbent shall be responsible for the total operation of the rehabilitation program. The incumbent plans, directs and coordinates program activities to ensure that company and client goals are met. The incumbent has the authority to extend offers of employment and to dismiss from employment. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement and problem solving, and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion. The incumbent shall be accountable for carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with RehabCare CORE values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Fun.
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our therapists answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our therapists provide compassionate rehabilitation care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of rehabilitation is to help our patients live as independently as possible through specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specifically to help patients who have been impaired by an injury or illness such as a stroke, orthopedic or other neurological conditions. All of our settings feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is designed to help patients improve abilities and return to a more normal life.
- Ensure for program staffing, team supervision and development, team shall include role of Medical Director and Nurse Manager and Therapist, Social Worker, CRC and Admissions Coordinator and others as defined by contract terms.
- Promote adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client hospital organization and RehabCare Group.
- Supervise the development of improved efficiency and productivity of unit clinical/administrative functions.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Develop unit operating and capital budget for client hospital.
- Develop unit operating and capital budget for RehabCare (not in consultation with client hospital).
- Develops and ensures implementation of a program of professional and community relations in collaboration with client hospital and Marketing Department.
- Monitor referral/admission process.
- Develop and implement program public relations plan.
- Maintain positive working relationship with client hospital.
- Maintain customer service program on unit and in hospital.
- Ensures the unit has a comprehensive quality management program.
- Quality management activities are data driven.
- Utilize corporate program consultant.
in unit safety committee activities.
The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be a graduate of a four-year bachelor degree program in a health related, business, public relations or human services area of concentration. A track record of successful management experience in a health or human services setting and/or an extensive rehabilitation background combined with strong interpersonal and organizational skill is necessary. Experience working with a geriatric disabled population is desirable. Provision of own transportation is necessary.
- Ability to travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
- Ability to communicate.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.