Laboratory Technicians (Part Time)Greensboro, North Carolina
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Laboratory Technician you will:
- Under general supervision, Performs and reports routine and special laboratory tests on clinical specimens to aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients.
- Detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Inoculate fertilized eggs, broths, or other bacteriological media with organisms.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
As a Laboratory Technician you will have:
- Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Science Licenses/Certification.
- Clinical Lab Scientist license as required by state.
- Current BLS required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.