Respiratory Therapy Supervisor - FTGreen Cove Springs, Florida
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Summary:Under the supervision of the Director of Respiratory Care and upon the request of the physician sets up and operates various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness.Assists Director of Respiratory Care in coordinating and supervising the activities of the respiratory care staff.
A: Job Specific
- Adopts an approach to performance improvement that includes:
- Planning the process of improvement.
- Setting the process of improvement.
- Assessing performance systematically.
- Implementing improvement activities on the basis of assessment.
- Maintaining achieved improvements.
Assists in maintaining the hospital's patient care objective and plan for respiratory care services.
Assists with the planning, coordinating and supervising the activities of the staff during the shift.
Keeps staff informed of pertinent clinical issues
Provides respiratory care coverage weekly and emergency respiratory care coverage.
Responsible and accountable for prescribing, assessing and delegating patient care as it relates to respiratory.
Ensures that staff follow departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Maintains effective communication with the staff and administration.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
Service Excellence Elements
Pride – (Owning and feeling proud of work quality and our mission.)
Performs work that reflects ownership and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred.
Teamwork – (Achieving greater results through cooperation and recognizing contributions.)
Cooperates with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due.
Compassion – (Listening and focusing on the patient/resident; taking sincere, appropriate actions.)
Meets the patients’ needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Integrity – (Doing the right thing.)
Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing.
Respect – (Treating others as they would like to be treated; valuing others.)
Acknowledges the worth of others through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, patience, and common courtesy.
Fun – (Enjoying work and being an enthusiastic participant.)
Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Professionalism – (Assuring skills (licensures) are current; looking and acting the part while performing at the highest level.)
Keeps skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance. Consistently performs duties to the best of abilities.
Responsibility – (Being accountable, doing what is expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, gets done.)
Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability.Qualifications
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.