Registered Nurse-ICU Full time Day 15K sign on bonus Green Cove Springs, Florida
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Registered Nurse – Advanced Skills / ICU Registered Nurse / ICU RN
Summary:Provides quality patient care to critically ill patients, through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Serves as a patient advocate at all times. Supervises the nursing care provided to each patient by other caregivers. Develops the plan for nursing care as a result of coordination with the patient, family and staff of other disciplines as necessary. Applies critical thinking in order to promote positive clinical outcomes. Ensures patient education. Participates in discharge planning.
- Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and the nursing department.
- Assesses the patient on admission within the required time frame. Makes referral to other disciplines based on the assessment, such as rehabilitation and nutritional services.
- Develops a nursing care plan for assigned patient on admission and updates the plan of care as needed. Ensures the plan is discussed and developed as a result of the coordination of patient and family and the interdisciplinary team.
- Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient. Ensures patient. is in proper position and alignment.
- Documents patient admission assessment and reassessments, patient care plans, and other pertinent information completely in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Demonstrates correct use of Biomedical equipment such as defibrillator, Suction machine, IV and feeding pumps, PCA pump, blood glucose monitoring machine.
- Demonstrates safe and effective delivery of patient care such as completing team/patient assignments on time, making effective use of available time, showing initiative and team work.
- Obtains consents for procedures and blood transfusions, ensuring patient has necessary information to make an informed decision.
- Receives physician’s orders, ensures transcription is accurate, and order entry is accurate. Follows through to ensure order is carried out.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to patient change in condition such as Cardiac rhythm, respiratory distress, GI bleed, pulmonary emboli/ edema, diabetic Ketoacidosis, adverse drug reaction and Blood transfusion reaction, etc. Institutes emergency action, notifies physician, obtains orders, etc.
- Completes and documents patient admission assessment and reassessments as required according to policy.
- Reports pertinent observations and reaction regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e., physician, supervisor, charge nurse) and records these observations accurately.
- Administers medications with verbalized knowledge of the action, side effects, correct dosages and route according ICU policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and Institute arrhythmia protocol for the following Cardiac rhythms V-tach, V-fib, PVC’s, asystole, 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree heart block, atrial fibrillation, and atrial flutter.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
- Administers medications utilizing the seven “rights” of medication administration: right patient, route, time, medication, dose, reason and documentation.
- Assist physicians with special tests and procedures such as thoracentesis, paracentesis, arterial line and bronchoscopy.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of nursing staff.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients or administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, or sepsis.
Education: Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program.
Licenses/Certification: Current state licensure as Registered Nurse. BCLS certification and ACLS required.
Experience: Minimum one year training and experience in Critical Care. Able to communicate effectively in English through written and verbal means.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.