Dietitian - Per Diem Green Cove Springs, Florida
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as a Registered Dietitian! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients' home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives as a Registered Dietitian.
As a Registered Dietitian, you will:
- Conduct and ensure clinical nutrition documentation for patients-- including assessment for new admissions as appropriate, reassessment, counseling, food/drug interactions, specialized nutrition support (enteral and parenteral), and discharge planning -- is in accordance with hospital policy and procedure, as well as state and federal regulations, is accurate, informative, and descriptive of the services provided, is within required timeframes, and reflects the patient's response to the plan of care.
- Participate with the interdisciplinary team in developing, implementing, and evaluating plans of care; attend meetings/conferences to discuss the clinical care of the patient; and communicate patient concerns and response to interventions to interdisciplinary team members and direct care staff.
- Interviewspatients, family members, legal representatives, significant others, and staff to obtain diet history, food preferences, and other pertinent information needed to develop and/or update an individualized plan of care, to protect and promote patients' rights, and accommodate individual needs and preferences.
- Involve the patient/family in planning objectives and goals for the patient.
- Conduct nutrition education individually and in classes to patients, families, staff, and community as appropriate.
- Conduct meal rounds to ensure that patients are receiving foods in the amount, type, consistency, and frequency required to maintain or improve nutritional status and per diet order.
- Ensure a dietary kardex or similar record (electronic or manual) of diet orders and food preferences is accurate and utilized in the Nutrition Services Department.
- Participate in the hospital's Performance Improvement Program, conducting, aggregating, trending, and acting on data for improvement as needed. Conducts quality assurance monitors such as test trays, patient satisfaction, and timeliness of clinical functions.
- Serve on various committees as required by company standards, regulations, and/or appointment by his/her manager.
As a Registered Dietitian, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Membership in the American Dietetic Association strongly preferred
- License or certification as mandated by the state in which employed
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Experience in acute clinical care, nutrition support, and disease-specific nutrition preferred
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.