Nutritional Services ManagerGilbert, Arizona
Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital- Gilbert is the second joint venture operation, free-standing Post-Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital between Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare. This new 50,000 square foot two-story 40-bed hospital will be located at 1850 South Santan Village Gilbert, Arizona.
The facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. The large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities, such as a golf chipping range, pickle ball and cornhole.
The Nutritional Service Manager directs the activities of the Nutritional Services Department. Provides quality food service for the patient population, visitors, guests, and hospital staff. Administers, plans, and directs activities of department providing quality food service. Enforces policies and procedures and provides administrative direction of menuexecution, food preparation and service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, and personnel utilization. Manages the team including hiring, performance management and development of the team. Adheres to the department budget (hours worked, expenses, inventory etc.) and directs departmental education programs. Coordinates interdepartmental professional activities. Directs the quality assurance program for the department.
- Participates in planning and creating the hospital’s strategic plan to achieve the mission and vision of the hospital
- Manages the department by company policies, procedures, standards, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Participates in the planning of the department budget
- Submits capital budget request to CFO per policy
- Accountable for daily managing of department budget through operational expense management and labor management
- Manages the department’s financials and completes necessary monthly reporting.
- Develops or oversees the department schedule to assure adequate staff to provide services, but within budgeted FTEs
- Performs or oversees ordering and delivery of food, supplies, and equipment from approved vendors to ensure adequate stock levels to perform departmental functions
Education (must have one of the following qualifications; check state regulations for mandatory qualifications)
- Registered dietitian
- Registered dietetic technician
- Certified dietary manager
- Associate’s degree or higher in food service or restaurant management
Food Safety Training:
- Food protection manager certification from an ANSI-CFP program (i.e. ServSafe®)
- Experience in managing food services in a healthcare facility, acute care or skilled nursing, highly preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.