Unit Secretary- PRN- Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Hospital Germantown, Tennessee
Baptist Rehab is seeking an energetic individual to help assist patients and families with orientation to the unit, identifying their needs, and ensuring that proper resources are applied. You will also assist our staff and physicians in the maintenance of the nursing station and medical records.
- Prepare admission charts/records; assemble charts for new admissions with appropriate forms; label chart with correct patient/physician information and label patient rooms with patient information and physician's name
- Complete the admission documentation; assist physicians with charts; ascertain the expectations of the patient and family regarding the hospital stay
- Confer with the charge nurse on scheduling patient tests and activities
- Adhere to isolation precautions and OSHA blood-borne guidelines, using personal protective equipment as required
- Answer telephone and call lights, take messages and communicate promptly to the appropriate person
- Process patient discharge orders, notifying the nurse of the orders; copy information on chart to be sent to discharge facility; complete discharge paperwork and assist the family with the discharge process
- Under the direction of the nurse manager, order, receive and store supplies and equipment
- High school diploma required with two years of college level education preferred.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of medical personnel, patients and families,
- Ability to speak and write concisely with knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.