Physical Therapist Assistant -PRNGermantown, Tennessee
Job ID: 370046
Our Physical Therapists love to learn, collaborate and grow as a team. But more than anything else, they love to see patients getting better. In this role, you will evaluate a patient's condition, then develop and execute a treatment plan to help regain movement, reduce pain and restore them to prior levels of function. Join us and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Physical Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I love that I’m able to learn from other therapists with more experience and have them mentor me and guide me through, developing my skills.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
The Physical Therapy Assistant functions under the general supervision of the Physical Therapy Team Leader and under the direct supervision of the physical therapist responsible for a specific patient's care. The Physical Therapy Assistant assumes responsibility and accountability for providing physical therapy modalities and treatment procedures as determined by a treatment plan established by a Physical Therapist and in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies while maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
- Provides care per physician's orders and plan of care developed by evaluating therapist; takes measurements of patient status, within the limits of his/her licensure and ability, as appropriate in providing care and to assist in assessing the effectiveness of care.
Maintains communication and collaboration with the evaluating therapist to promote maximum benefits from therapy.
- Works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.These functions are carried out according to hospital policy in accordance with the mission and vision of the hospital and consistent with the philosophy of the department.
- Performs all duties according to hospital policy in accordance with the mission and vision of the hospital and consistent with the philosophy of the department.
- Participates in performance improvement and supports program development activities.Responsibilities include contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department; communicating the employee’s observations and suggestions related to opportunities for improvement; and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Implements education plan as outlined by the evaluating therapist, determines additional educational needs of the patient, family, care giver or significant other as they arise and in collaboration with the evaluating therapist provides education to meet those needs.
- Follows plan for discharge and discusses with evaluating therapist any additional discharge concerns which arise during care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
Other duties as assigned.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.