Infection Control Practitioner RN Full TimeGardena, California
- Implements a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital acquired and community infections. Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Provides physicians and staff with updates of infection control policy changes.
- Investigates outbreaks or clusters of infections. Monitors, analyzes, and interprets bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommends appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
- Consults with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
- Participates in Infection Control Committees.
- Collaborates with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
- Participates in ongoing infection control educational programs for employees, including TB, HIV/Hep/Universal Precautions. May educate patients as necessary.
Infection Control Practitioner, ICP, APIC, Infection, Clinical Nurse, ICU, Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit, RN, Registered Nurse, Critical Care RN, Medical Surgical Nursing, Hospital, Healthcare, Long Term Acute Care, Transitional Care Hospitals, Registered Nurse / RN, RN, R.N., Registered Nurse, Med Surg, Med Surge, Medical Surgical, Medical/Surgical, Med/Surg, Med/Surge, ICU, CC, CCU, Critical Care, telemetry, acute care, intensive care unit, post-acute, emergency room, E.R., ER, step down, transitional care, nurse, nursing
Bachelors Degree in nursing or healthcare related field.
Current State RN license.
Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.