Director Respiratory Therapy & RadiologyGardena, California
Job #: 413384
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
- Coordinate the activities of personnel involved in providing radiographs, nuclear medicine scans, ultrasonic procedures and computerized tomography scans for physicians and radiologists who diagnose and treat physical injuries and medical disorders.
- Develop short/long-term goals for the Radiology Services Department; assess the effectiveness of Radiology contributions to improving performance.
- Provide necessary direction to ensure that the radiological services provided are in accordance with hospital standards and outside regulatory and licensing agencies.
- Responsible for radiological safety in the hospital: ensure compliance with safety standards and disaster plans.
- Develop and administer departmental policies and quality control plans.
- Work with administration and staff to develop plans for new equipment, facilities, and additional personnel.
- Responsible for purchasing routinely used supplies and capital expenditures; obtain and recommend acceptance of bids.
- Direct and participate in in-service education programs for your department and ancillary personnel.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained; make minor repairs/adjustments.
- Direct preparation and maintenance of routine departmental records as well as specific or periodic reports or analyses.
- Ensure maintenance of the CQI Program; check results with departmental physicist.
- Plan joint administrative and technical programs with other departments to coordinate radiological services with other patient care services.
- Develop operation manuals by investigating trends and developments in radiological practices and techniques. Outline methods, procedures and techniques reflecting advances in the field to guide professional and technical staff.
Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy or Administration.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Current state licensure.
BCLS and ACLS certifications.
ACLS instructor preferred
Must maintain currency of NBRC and BCLS/ACLS Certifications and State license.
Minimum five years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
Minimum four years management experience in acute care hospital.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.