Director of Wound Care RN Full Time $10,000 Sign On BonusGardena, California
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
- Develops and implements the facility wound care program in conjunction with the national standardization process, to include patient care protocols, documentation tools, wound care formulary and WCC referral criteria.
- Models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advanced wound care concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential problems that occur in a variety of patient populations.
- Establishes standards of care, competencies, policies and procedures in quality, cost efficient and effective wound care for all clinical staff.
- Critically analyzes current wound care research methods and results for utilization in the expansion and improvement of LTAC patient care and patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team using evidence based practice to integrate wound care into a comprehensive plan of care for the patient/family.
- Serves as a consultant to facility staff and advocates with physicians; through training and support, enables clinical staff to effectively assess wounds, recommend appropriate protocols, and initiate plans of care.
Education:Degree from an accredited program leading to licensure as a Registered Nurse. Masters Degree preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Current state RN license. Professional certification WOCN, WCC or CWS, or obtain certification within 12 months of employment.
Experience: Five (5) years licensed professional nursing experience with previous wound care and management experience required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.