Director of Nutritional and Culinary Services Full TimeGardena, California
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as Nutrition & Culinary Services Director! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients' home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's 'Most Admired Healthcare Company' for 9 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives as Nutrition & Culinary Services Director.
As Nutrition & Culinary Services Director you will:
- Responsible for organizing and directing the overall operation of the Nutrition & Culinary Services clinical nutrition and culinary service function in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, company policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service and nutrition care is provided to the patients, employees, and guests.
- Manages the department's financials by maintains records of department expenditures, daily meal counts, and compiling end of the month financial reports and turn into Administration.
- Develops or oversees the department schedule to assure adequate staff to provide services, but within budgeted FTEs
- Performs or oversees ordering and delivery of food, supplies, and equipment from approved vendors to ensure adequate stock levels to perform departmental functions.
- Organizes or oversee the organization of food preparation and service by using production sheets and planned menus for patients, cafeteria, and catering; cook huddles as needed
- Ensure proper food preparation preserving nutrient content, quality, flavor, and appearance per state and federal regulations.
- Provides oversight of the menu management process
- Participates in the hospital's Performance Improvement program by conducting, aggregating, trending, and acting on data for key foodservice indicators.
- Annual QAPI department plan is developed with mandatory components. Monthly reports are taken to hospital committee as per facility policy.
- Monitors quality control in kitchen by assuring quality measure are routinely done; spot checking logs frequently for accuracy of data and conducts weekly kitchen safety/sanitation audits
As Nutrition & Culinary Services Director, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in dietetics or nutrition related field required.
- Registration from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (www.cdrnet.org)
- Licensure and/or certification from the State Licensing Board for Dietitians
- Food Protection Manager Certification from an ANSI-CFP accredited program
- Three years experience as a dietitian.
- Two years experience in foodservice management preferred.
- Experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.