Director of Case Management 15,000 Sign on BonusGardena, California
Job #: 442791
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Director of Case Management directs the Case Management and Utilization Management activities in a Kindred hospital. Oversees the facilitation of care coordination of the patient and family through the management of quality clinical service delivery. Partners with external customers, referral sources and payors to ensure the facilitation and coordination of the discharge planning process and serve as the patient and family advocate. Accountable for the facility’s denial management program. Ensures that case management services comply with the Conditions of Participation. Collaborates closely with the hospital CEO/Administrator, COO, CFO, CCO and District Office.
- Oversees coordination of patient care to facilitate development, monitoring and refinement of treatment plan.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing effective operations of the Case Management Department.
- Ensures regular, complete and timely reporting of case management performance outcomes.
- Represents and promotes Kindred Hospitals to the provider community and to local educational institutions when appropriate.
- Implements and monitors process to assure optimal utilization of resources and reimbursement.
- Participates as a management team member in the Utilization Management Committee and serves on other committees as required and requested.
- Identifies opportunities to achieve hospital goals based on available comparative data and benchmarks.
- Aggregates and analyzes hospital utilization services statistics and recommends corrective action, if required.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are operating in compliance with CMS, state and JCAHO regulations and standards and with Kindred policies, including documentation and record requirements. Actively participates in surveys and audits.
Graduate of an accredited program required:
RN or BSN preferred; or Masters of Social Work with licensure as required by state regulations; or Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty
Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW),or Licensed Social Worker (LSW), as required by state.
Certification in Case Management preferred.
Minimum three years’ experience in Hospital Case Management.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.