Therapy Consultant - IRFFranklin, Tennessee
We are recruiting a Physical Therapist as a Therapy Consultant, for Inpatient Rehab to join Kindred Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky.
The Therapy Consultant will be responsible for:
- Consultation of IRF Therapy Directors and helps support and coordinate functions and activities of the therapy department and assigned clinical operation departments.
- Consults with and advises the director of therapy on therapy operations of the hospital. Develops therapy and clinical department goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies and procedures along with facilitating utilization of therapy technology and robotic equipment.
- Organizes therapy and clinical departments according to administrative and therapy service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational and regulatory standards.
- Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing and implementing the standards of practice for occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy and clinical operations and financial matters related to all therapy and clinical care areas and functions.
- Provides oversight of professional working conditions for employees.
- Measures and assesses the therapy department performance with all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the therapy department in collaboration with the director of therapy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of staffing plans, management of worked and paid therapy hours per patient day, and quality of wok of therapy staff.
- Assures compliance with occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy scopes of practice and HIPAA
- Enforces compliance of the therapy department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Promotes occupational, physical and speech therapy philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of specialty certifications and advanced training.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes, communicates this information to the therapy department staff.
- Facilitates management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the therapy department.
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures education and training is provided to therapy staff on Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments and scoring is performed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain control and respond calmly and positively during crisis situations
- Appropriate telephone communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages preferred
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Minimum of five years’ experience in therapy management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior therapy management level
- Minimum of five years’ experience in rehabilitation hospital management in an inpatient, acute rehabilitation environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel 80% of the time
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee .
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.