Senior Administrative AssistantFranklin, Tennessee
We are recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join our Planning and Development Team in Franklin, TN.
This position will require work inside the office building.
Provides administrative support by scheduling appointments, creating agendas, developing and maintaining filing systems, making travel arrangements, preparing and altering communications, including written and visual presentations, screening telephone calls and visitors, processing expense reports, reviewing all mail and noting action items/deadlines, handing routing correspondence, monitoring office supplies and reordering as needed and maintaining department budget.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails and faxes.
- Reviews emails and pays attention for emergencies that need immediate attention.
- Composes and types routine correspondence on management’s behalf.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems for correspondence, projects, and other records.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, arranges conference calls, and onsite meetings.
- Coordinates schedules and makes appointments for the Department.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or individual.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, compiles, and types statistical reports. Creates and maintains databases.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities and meeting areas and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Approves charges to the departmental budget and monitors budget monthly to ensure department is operating within established limits.
- Reviews expense accounts and vouchers and routes for payment.
- Responds to communications from upper management, attorneys, bankers or other outside officials.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Proficient computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct and self-pace.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Proficient typing skills of 60+ wpm.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years administrative or secretarial experience, preferably in a large corporate environment.
- Certified Executive Administrative Professional (CEAP) preferred.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.