Resource Controller - IRFFranklin, Tennessee
We are recruiting for a Resource Controller to join our Hospital Operations team. This is a remote position that can be located anywhere.
Completes financial activities for hospitals with open controller positions. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations. Completes all duties using the policies and procedures of the hospital and company. Participates in audits of company’s accounts.
- Ensure financial success for the hospital according to the budget including cash collections, net revenue and total expenses per day goals. Strong relationship with billing office and collections process.
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting and internal control policies and systems.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to regional and leadership team which would include labor reporting (i.e. nursing and therapy hours), weekly updates on key indicators and month end and quarterly reporting.
- Provides advice and assistance to department heads and managers in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports and in presenting that information to their departments.
- Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, examinations and related financial projects.
- Ensures that a monthly time schedule is established for the processing of reports necessary for the preparation of monthly financial statements; implements corrective action as necessary to meet established deadlines.
- Provides reporting to hospital leadership on the financial and operational status of the hospital.
- Regularly examines alternative methods of providing required accounting services in order to reduce departmental operating costs.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in pulling together all the necessary information needed to compare revenue and expenses and determine the facility’s actual financial position.
- Effectively maintains all required records for the department; demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Monitors the implementation of checks and balances which continually evaluate accounting practices, reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal, Joint Commission and Hospital Compliance Plan.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty at hospitals.
- Attends annual review and performs departmental in-services.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship and good rapport with Board of Managers, Medical Staff, hospital departments and staff, and other organizations or entities related to the hospital business.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Resolves personnel concerns at the department level, utilizing the grievance process as required.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization at all levels of the organization.
- 25% travel required
- Accounting Degree required.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience including recent experience within or in support of a hospital. Inpatient Rehabilitation experience preferred.
- Experience in IRF-PPS reimbursement preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software packages and spreadsheets.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.