Quality Consultant, Case Management - IRFFranklin, Tennessee
Kindred Healthcare is recruiting for a Case Management Consultant to support our Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals. This is a remote position with approximately 75% travel required.
The Case Management (CM) Consultant will support hospitals with case management needs and may be required to cover a caseload onsite and/or to provide education and training onsite and/or via distance learning methods.
The CM Consultant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Senior Director of Case Management with the development of case management department goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures.
- Reviewing case management workflows and processes and providing support and assistance with the daily functions and responsibilities of the case management department.
- Consulting with and advising case managers and lead case managers on the hospital operations.
- Auditing and educating case management staff to help ensure compliance with legal, organizational, regulatory and professional standards of care.
- Establishing, directing, and implementing the CMSA standards of practice
- Covering a caseload including admission, team conference, care coordination, discharge planning and insurance reviews.
- Promoting the company’s mission, vision, values and culture
- Audits and assesses the case management department’s performance with care coordination including discharge planning, patient safety and efforts to reduce the likelihood of unplanned hospital readmissions and improve care coordination.
- Demonstrates knowledge of case management staffing and caseloads
- Covers a caseload as needed depending upon hospital need.
- Provides training and education to case managers via onsite training and/or via distance learning methods to provide new hire, onboarding, competency and other orientation and/or ongoing training needs.
- Provides training on EMR systems with follow up audits to ensure accuracy with documentation protocols.
- Reviews Case Management metrics eg: CMG LOS, DC to the Community, CM KPIs, etc. for opportunity and provides education as needed.
- Reviews patient satisfaction scores relevant to discharge planning in order to continually improve performance and outcomes
- May participate in the interviewing, hiring, evaluating, orientation and performance evaluations of staff in the case management department
- Completes chart audits as assigned to ensure compliance with required case management documentation including documentation timeliness, IM from Medicare delivery, patient engagement in discharge planning, patient preferences/choice, advance directives discussed with patient, team conference, and other required documentation.
- Completes chart audits to ensure insurance reviews are documented per process.
- Works directly with hospital leadership to identify and address case management department needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well with all levels of the organization demonstrating respect at all times.
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of UDS, Pinpoint, Meditech and Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide insurance updates and engage with payers and providers in the event of an appeal.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Preferred experience with live presentations and staff development.
- Registered Nurse or Social Worker with at least 2 years of experience in a case management role with Kindred Rehabilitation Services
- Case Management certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed and have superior time management skills
- Travel 75% of time
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee .
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.