Development ManagerFranklin, Tennessee
We are recruiting for aDevelopmentManager to join our Real Estate and Development DepartmentinFranklin, Tennessee.
Facilitate and assist in the planning, budgeting and management of construction projects. Generally projects are new facility development projects. Position is responsible for assisting and providing some management oversight for all phases of the construction process including coordinating design team, contractors, and consultants, ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Candidates for this position should be able to effectively manage multiple small projects at once while assisting Directors on larger projects.
- Works with development team and consultants on site selection and site due diligence in regards to zoning, land plan approval, site restrictions, municipal requirements, closing and other site required issues.
- Manages all aspects of diligence and entitlement associated with acquisitions.
- Work with design team including architects and engineers to ensure program requirements are met in a cost effective design.
- Manages owner consultants as required through the design process ensuring their coordination with the design team.
- Assist in cost analysis for each project to ensure the project is receiving the highest quality systems and materials within the allotted budget through the value engineering process.
- Construction liaison for company including coordination of overall field activities with the representative from our joint venture partner hospital/facility.
- Oversees performance of contractor and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Tracks and monitors project schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time frame.
- Tracks and monitors project budget to ensure that the project is within budget.
- Assists in implementation of equipment/inventory lists for each project and coordinates purchases of the appropriate fixtures, furniture and equipment for each project within budget.
- Manages material identification, application, and tracking, and ensures adherence of installations to design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes innovation and improvement to facility designs and overall delivery.
- Works to ensure punch list completion is achieved prior to Certificate of Substantial Completion.
- Assist in the support of the facility during the startup and implementation phase to ensure State and Joint Commission Accreditation are received.
- Any other duties as assigned through reporting structure.
- Knowledge of construction codes, means, and methods.
- Project planning and scheduling knowledge
- Healthcare industry standards.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents.
- Exhibit technical proficiency in development and construction activities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop material standards.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 15
- BS degree – Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
- 5 Years experience as a Construction Management/Design professional with 3 years in the healthcare industry or proven successes
Depending on candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.