Accounts Receivable RepresentativeFranklin, Tennessee
- A/R management of insurance plans and reconciliation of past due accounts; fielding inquiries from external and internal clients; daily billing.
- Update insurance and demographic information as necessary for correct/clean claim submission.
- Understand and interpret insurance and Medicare explanation of benefits, knowing when and how to resubmit claims for maximum reimbursement.
- As assigned, follow up on claims billed to insurance but not yet paid according to established follow up procedures.
- Initiate appropriate requests for refunds to patients, employers, or insurance companies as necessary and according to billing office policies.
- Collection follow up with appropriate payer via internet or telephone
- Assist other coworkers and hospital staff with requests, in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide superior communications with managers and hospital contacts.
- Document and note all actions taken regarding customer accounts according to office policy.
- Ensure all insurance information is accurate and keep abreast of new insurance updates and regulations.
- Ability to effectively solve problems, exchange ideas, and actively listen in a team environment.
- Demonstrates willingness to accept additional duties as assigned and complete by deadlines negotiated with supervisor.
- Knowledge of MS office required; intermediate Excel skills preferred.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and email management skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively, think critically, and to take initiative.
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in medical billing capacity.
- Experience in third party and Medicare billing and collections.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.