Materials Management Coordinator- Full TimeFort Worth, Texas
Texas Rehabilitation Hospital is a 66 bed Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), located in the medical district of Fort Worth, TX. We offer specialized treatment programs for patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury. Our rehabilitation programs are centered around the individual needs of each patient to improve health, function and quality of life.
This individual is responsible for ordering, receiving and stocking supplies. Issues and tracks purchase orders on a daily basis, identifies trends that affect the input of this information as well as the hospital’s operation.
- Identifies inventory needs for all departments in hospital. Orders both medical and office supplies as needed. Also, returns all unused or misordered supplies to vendor in a timely fashion.
- Informs Leadership when recalled medical supplies are issued and remove recalled supplies from clean supply rooms.
- Stocks and labels all charged medical and office supplies.
- Maintains and organizes all medical supply and office storage locations.
- Revises information in computer system(s) as needed.
- Communicates with Leadership to ensure inventory levels are sufficient. Will also keep Leadership informed of any special inventory needs.
- Coordinates purchase orders and packing slips for timely and accurate payment processing.
- Provides professional, accurate and timely service in all material management functions.
- Informs the Controller when a new inventory item is requested and informs the Plant Operations Manager when new hazardous materials are purchased.
- Maintains a log of rental equipment and daily usage. Ensures that rental equipment is returned on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ongoing competency skills including population-specific competencies, above level problem solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with co-workers, physicans and patients.
- Good Communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.