Intake Admissions Coordinator - 2p to 10p - Sunday through Thursday - Fort Worth, TXFort Worth, Texas
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? Our vision is to be the premier healthcare company in the world, which we will achieve through trusted, innovative, and compassionate partnerships. We have jobs available for approximately 38,000 employees in 45 states.
At Kindred Healthcare we provide care and support in the most appropriate care setting for those recovering from illness or injury. Whether a patient receives care in our hospitals or in one of our rehabilitation facilities, our purpose is to ensure they recover to the fullest extent possible.
As a Behavioral Health & Intake Admissions Coordinator you will:
- Be responsible for working with internal nd external customers to review incoming referrals of patients and screen as appropriate for admission to the Behavioral Health Unit.
- Performs and provides administrative support services for the patient admissions process.
- Meets with patients, contacts and meets with families as needed for admission registration, facilitates registration of patients in hospital EMR or other electronic registration systems.
- Conducts initial insurance verification and insurance registration/submissions of initial clinical documentation for pre-authorization of patient's care to third-party payers as required.
- Coordinates with Business Office to ensure accurate verification of benefits and timely entry of initial authorization data.
As a Behavioral Health & Intake Admissions Coordinator you will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Service Area or Business preferred.
- CPR and CPI
- On the job or equivalent training/experience in admitting procedures in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in admitting procedures in a psychiatric setting.
- Experience in crisis counseling and crisis evaluations preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.