Human Resource Manager, Multi-site DFW HospitalsFort Worth, Texas | Arlington, Texas | Dallas, Texas
This role will be primarily based in Kindred Hospital Fort Worth Southwest; however, this role is also responsible for oversight of HR needs at Kindred Hospital Tarrant County Arlington, and Kindred Hospital Dallas Central. Flexibility to travel between the three hospitals is required.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Lead HR Generalist works closely with the Hospital and District leadership team to coordinate activities related to the Hospitals personnel. The HR Manager provides oversight and consultation for one or multiple hospital facilities within in a market including, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, compensation, HRIS/management reporting, new hire procedures, and benefits. Consults with and updates Senior/District Director of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions and activities. In collaboration with area management and under the direction of the District Director of Human Resources, communicates, facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of Kindred Human Resources team, providing valuable input and feedback and assuring implementation and maintenance of division and corporate HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and standards.
- Partners with the Hospital’s leadership team to effectively manage and document employee relations and corrective actions. Ensures that Hospital policies and procedures are consistently applied and adhered to while promoting an open door environment.
- Provides guidance and oversees the employee evaluation process. Ensures that managers are completing and presentation evaluations to employees timely and documentation is retained in the HRIS as appropriate.
- Responds to all requests for information from the Support Center, unemployment and other government agencies. Attends unemployment, workers compensation and EEO hearings when required.
- Coordinates and facilitates leadership development and other training opportunities within the Hospital.
- Champion organizational initiatives such as It Starts with Me, the annual Employee Engagement Survey and Action Planning process, Employee Recognition program, etc.
- Ensure new hires receive and understand employee benefits timelines, open enrollment processes HR Policies, and internal procedures and regulations. Working closely with Corporate Benefits department on issues and problems when needed.
- Manage and enhance the employee experience through “stay” and “exit” interviews. Identifies trends and provides Hospital leadership, the DDHR and/or Division Vice President with recommendations to address issues.
- Partners with the HR Payroll Admin, Benefits, HR Help, Compensation or other centers of excellence to research and resolve employee concerns such as pay and compensation issues.
- Monitors, implements and ensures compliance with new programs, policies or procedures based on State, Federal or local laws and/ or regulations.
- Ensures timely response to leave of absence requests and information requests from third-party administrators as well as regulatory agencies.
- Manages and responds to all requests for reasonable accommodation and thoroughly documents the interactive process meetings with employees and leaders. Identifies potential risks and escalates the matter to the DDHR and/or Legal department as appropriate.
- Promote Kindred Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives at the hospital level including ERG participation
- Collaborates with the DDHR and Compensation to analyze relevant market factors and provide recommendations related to compensation packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses.
- Where appropriate, participates in the screening and hiring of key position to ensure they meet Hospital hiring guidelines.
- Acts as a liaison between Kindred Corporate and the hospital for all Human Resource issues.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, strongly preferred. Professional level experience and/or HRCI, SHRM or other certifications may be substituted for the education requirement.
Licenses/Certification: Professional designation in Human Resources, preferred (i.e. HRCI / SHRM)
Experience: Position requires a high level of proficiency in HR policies and practices normally acquired through 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources at a Generalist or Business Partner level or higher.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.