Hospital Area Director of Laboratory Services Fort Worth, Texas
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Area Director of Laboratory Services answers this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our leadership play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As the Area Director of Laboratory Services you will:
Directs and coordinates Laboratory Services at multiple facilities. Directs activities of workers engaged in performing chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
· Purchases or directs purchase of laboratory equipment and supplies.
· Assigns workers to duties and oversees performance of tests in fields of microbiology, chemistry, histology, hematology, immunohematology, and serology.
· Reviews test results to ensure quality control.
· Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for medical technology students and personnel.
· Assures that all laboratory services are operated within strict State and Federal requirements and standards.
· Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
· Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
Area Director Lab Services, Area Director Laboratory Services, ADOL, Area Dir Lab, Hospital Lab Executive, Laboratory Manager, Lab Director, CLS, Clinical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist, Hospital Lab Manager, Hospital Laboratory Manager, Medical Technologist Management, CLS Management, Acute Lab Services, Laboratory Services, Laboratory Supervisor, LTAC, Long Term Acute Care Lab, 76104
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.
Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board.
Requires 5 years clinical laboratory supervisory experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.