Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant Per Diem NightsFort Worth, Texas
Are you ready to join our CNA Float Pool? Receive the benefit of travel-pay without having to travel more than 30 miles! You’ll enjoy the opportunity to work with different teammates across hospitals while benefitting from a shared culture, processes and protocols.
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day. What makes Kindred Hospitals a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our caregivers answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Job Summary: The Float Pool Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) has the responsibility and accountability for general patient comfort and care needs, assist clinicians and monitor unit activities. The Float Pool CNA will provide support and care to patients in various Kindred Hospitals within the same market upon staffing needs.
This role will require travel to all Kindred Hospitals within a designated market, approximately a 30 mile radius. Reporting structure includes Administrative reporting to the Area Staffing Program Manager, and clinically to assigned
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of professional nursing personnel.
- Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of unit activities, needs, and problems related to patient care.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning the patient, lifting, turning, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in the use of bed pan, urinal or commode, ambulating the patient, pre operative and post operative care, and application of binder or anti embolic stockings, bed bath, oral/hair/back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table, and beside stand, straightening patient room and other general care necessary during the shift.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure, and intake and output measurements accurately. Documents in a timely manner.
- Prepares patient room and bed for admission and transfers and ensures all necessary equipment is in room. Maintains an attractive and comfortable environment for patients with special consideration to cleanliness of room, ventilation, and lighting.
- Assists in patient admission, transfer, and discharge procedures. Assist with handling and care of patient belongings and other personal property.
- Answers patient call lights, telephone, and paging system and responds as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs routine treatment procedures such as enemas, application of appliances for heat and cold.
- Able to release, remove, and reapply restraints to patient under the direction of an RN. Ensures patient is in proper position and alignment.
- Assist Registered Nurse and/or LVN/LPN with complicated patient treatment procedures.
- Serves and removes patient meal tray in timely manner. Assists with feeding and/or preparing items such as opening milk container, cutting food for patient.
- Transports patients to an from various departments as requested. Provide post-mortem care and assists in transporting bodies to the the morgue or designated area.
- High school diploma or GED required. Completion of course for nursing assistants.
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification and BLS Certification.
- Minimum six months’ experience in acute or long term care facility preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.