Computer Tomography / Rad Technologist Part Time Every Weekend Fort Worth, Texas
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Computer Tomography Technologist you will:
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Position patients for CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV’s, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical functions.
- Document appropriate charging of procedures and supplies.
- Dispense oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
- Load and operate power injections for contrast media administration.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide orientation and training for new CT Technicians.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of patients for CT scans.
- Perform other related incidental duties.
- Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
As a Computer Tomography Technologist you will have:
Completion of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists / ARRT in Radiography. Computed Tomography / CT certification within one year of employment.
One (1) year of experience in diagnostic radiology or other imaging modality. 36 months experience in a clinically comparable environment.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.