Registered Nurse (RN)Fort Smith, Arkansas
A career at Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, a 50-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated jointly with LifePoint Health and Mercy, is more than a job. It’s a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people who need continued care to recover completely.
This state-of-the-art, 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital provides care for adults recovering from conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries. LifePoint and Mercy are also partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri.
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months’ Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.