PRN - Registered DietitianFort Smith, Arkansas
PRN Registered Dietitian
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital - Fort Smith, AR
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort Smith is a joint venture partnership between Kindred Healthcare and Mercy. This brand new state of the art, 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital provides care for adults recovering from conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries. Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri.
With more than 25 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
We are currently seeking a PRN Registered Dietitian to join our team. The Dietitian will be:
Responsible for the assessment and planning of the nutritional care of the patients in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, policies and procedures, and in coordination with the Nutrition Services Manager to ensure that qualify food service and nutritional care is provided to the patients.
- Assesses patients’ nutritional status according to established standards. Performs nutritional screening within required timeframes.
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status; develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Assures that patient’s cultural, religious, and ethnic food preferences are honored, when possible, unless contraindicated.
- Assures that food and nutrition products are stored under proper conditions of sanitation, temperature, light, moisture, ventilation and security.
- Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient’s nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan.
- Improves patient’s nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs. Assists in the development and implementing of patient nutritional menus.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits. Assesses patient’s ability to learn.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Provides food-drug interrelationship information to physician.
- Assists in orienting and in servicing new employees to department.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies. Documents problems, goals, etc on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission, updates as appropriate.
- Conducts in-service as requested to hospital staff and the community.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Assesses patients’ nutritional status according to established standards.
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status.
- Develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) or a post Bachelor’s Certificate in Dietetics.
- State licensure/certification required.
- Registered Dietician required.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.