Nurse ManagerFort Smith, Arkansas
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort Smith is a joint venture partnership between Kindred Healthcareand Mercy. This brand new state of the art, 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital provides care for adults recovering from conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries. Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri.
With more than 25 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
The Nurse Manager functions under the direction and supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer and assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department. The Nurse Manager in collaboration with the CNO and leadership team assists to implement, interpret and ensure compliance with policies and procedures including regulatory and accreditation standards. The Nurse Manager supervises the Clinical Supervisors, Charge Nurses, RNs, LPN/LVNs, CNAs/NAs and Unit Secretaries. The Nurse Manager is responsible for implementing hospital goals and objectives based on budget parameters. The Nurse Manager reinforces the mission and vision of the hospital in all interactions.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. BSN Preferred.
- Current unrestricted state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Certification preferred
- Minimum of two years of previous nursing leadership preferred.
- Minimum of two years previous rehab nursing experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.