CookFort Smith, Arkansas
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort Smith is a joint venture partnership between Kindred Healthcare and Mercy. This brand new state of the art, 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital provides care for adults recovering from conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries. Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri.
With more than 25 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
The Cook, will: Prepare, season, and cook food for hospital patients, staff and visitors and also act as a lead in the department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and adhering to food safety requirements.
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times and tests foods being cooked to ensure proper seasoning etc.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and poultry in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner and adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior food service or customer service experience with cooking experience preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.