Clinical LiaisonFort Smith, Arkansas
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital - Fort Smith, AR
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Fort Smith is a joint venture partnership between Kindred Healthcare and Mercy. This brand new state of the art, 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital provides care for adults recovering from conditions such as stroke, neurological disease, injury to the brain or spinal cord and other debilitating illnesses or injuries. Kindred and Mercy are also partners for rehabilitation hospitals in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Springfield, Missouri.
With more than 25 standalone inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) across a dozen states, Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services (KHRS) is a partner of choice for many major hospital systems in the creation and success of joint-venture operations that outperform in both clinical and financial outcomes. We bring proven rehabilitation management and services expertise that benefits our partners as well as the nearly 50,000 IRF patients we see each year who seek to recover and get home quickly from any of a number of conditions, including stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, orthopedic injury, neurological conditions, amputation and trauma.
As the Clinical Liaison, you will:
Initiate one on one dialog with potential referral sources and maintain position relationships with current referral sources. Will design, develop and drive cutting edge sales strategies designed to increase patient admissions that leverage partner’s core competence in the area of rehabilitating medically complex patients.
The successful candidate will leverage their clinical and sales expertise to promote the Hospital to prospective referral sources aiding in the patient admissions/referral process. This process begins with identifying new prospects, educating them on Hospital and clearly establishing how we are able to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Through the building of long term relationships with these referring facilities and physicians, the successful candidate will facilitate the identification and assessment of future patient admissions factoring in length of stay, and level of acuity which should align with the outcomes expected from Kindred’s clinical expertise in rehabilitation and nursing. The candidate can expect to spend most of their time (80% or more) in the field, making presentations, assess patients and building these long term relationships.
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process.
- Perform on-site (typically in referring facility) clinical judgment to determined appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Communicates to patients and families rehabilitation and facility options. Communicates to patients determined appropriate for admission the patient’s expectations and requirements for participation.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development, and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age-appropriate care.
- Functions as initial contact for external case management and discharge planner personnel with payors and hospital facilities.
- Completes face to face, in-service education contacts to physicians. And face-to-face, in-service educational contacts to case managers, and other professionals.
- Inform and educate physicians, case managers, and other decision makers about the Hospital and acute rehabilitation services.
- Performs market analysis, market research and development and implementation of marketing and business plans.
- Assists in developing the annual market plan for the facility.
- Develops marketing plans for assigned programs, which includes market analysis and financial feasibility studies.
- Assists the various departments of the facility with new business and marketing plans.
- Continuously monitors the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans.
- Represents the facility with business leaders, physicians, the community and the media.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Director of Business Development and the marketing staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in regards to marketing and business plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clinical Licensure required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and EMR systems.
- Formal Sales Training preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.