Patient Assessment Coordinator - Fort Lauderdale, FL Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Conducts patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the acute rehabilitaion unit. Maintains positive relationships with current referral sources. Coordinates transmission of clinical and benefits information from referral sources back to hospital.
- Degree in clinical area leading to licensure.
- Healthcare professional licensure required; that is, as Registered Nurse, LPN, Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Social Worker.
- Conduct patient assessment in accordance with company standards.
- Work closely with patients and their family members to educate them on the benefits of Kindred Hospital.
- Assist in conducting tours of the hospital with families and referral sources as needed
- Facilitates the timely admission of patients from the referral sources: Identifies medical record information needed from referring facility; Completes the Pre-Admission Screen form to assist in evaluating appropriateness of admission; Facilitates and coordinates physician-to-physician communication as necessary; Identifies specific patient needs for equipment, supplies and consult services
- Meets with management staff, participates in marketing meetings and serves on various internal committees as assigned.
- Maintains a state-of-the-art knowledge of areas of responsibility and develops and follows a program of continuing education.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains all information in a manner that ensures confidentiality and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Ability to collect, organize, evaluate and communicate pertinent clinical information with effective verbal and written skills.
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence.
- Computer skills that includes Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Clinical Background with ability to conduct Patient Assessments.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in crisis situations.
- Knowledge of healthcare marketing and plan development.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel:
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.