Area Manager Human ResourcesFort Lauderdale, Florida
We are recruiting for an AreaManager, Human Resources to join our Hospital Division in South Florida.
Please note: This position requires residency in Southern Florida with the ability to travel to the following locations: Coral Gables (Miami), Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood and Palm Beach
Works closely with hospital and district leadership team. Provides oversight and consulting regarding Human Resources functions for multiple hospital facilities within in a market including employee relations/compliance investigations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, compensation, and HRIS/management reporting. May work on district wide projects with guidance from the Senior/District Director of Human Resources. Consults with and updates Senior/District Director of Human Resources regarding all Human Resources functions and activities. In collaboration with area management and/or the District Director of Human Resources, develops, communicates, facilitates/coordinates implementation and monitors new and/or enhanced HR programs, policies and procedures. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all areas and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and company advocate. Serves as key member of Kindred human resources team, providing valuable input and feedback and assuring implementation and maintenance of division and corporate HR initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as applicable regulations and standards.
Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
- Consults with all area management on a proactive basis to ensure positive employee relations practices and environments in all area facilities. Collaborates with area management and Talent Acquisition team to assist with the development and implementation of an effective recruitment plan.
- Acts as a laision as requested, for all shared Human Resources functions, including the activities of the Human Resources/Payroll/Benefits, and other centers of excellence within the shared service model departments. Reviews turnover reports, orientation summaries, and stay/exit interview reports with area management, helping to identify and implement improvement opportunities. Provides reporting and analysis to hospital and district leaders as needed.
- Works closely with Kindred Talent Acquisition Team to ensure compliance with regard to recruitment and selection process, including the following: interviews; employment verifications, background checks and drug screens to verify employment eligibility; extending employment offers to qualified candidates; ensuring that all newly-hired employees participate in a comprehensive and timely orientation program.
- Assists area with needed program changes and enhancements. Participates in the development and assures implementation of standardized orientation components. Assists area management with the development and execution of action plans to address Human Resources-related areas identified for improvement.
- Formulates positive employee relations plan and monitoring for each area, in collaboration with area senior management and the Senior/District Directort of Human Resources. Provides interpretation and consulting regarding all Human Resources policies and procedures. Provides input into development and adoption of new/revised policies and procedures.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees to determine trends, develop appropriate retention initiatives, provide management reporting and recommend improvement plan, as needed.
- Consults with and advises managers on disciplinary and policy issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all Human Resource actions. Conducts management training in Human Resources areas identified for development and improvement.
- With oversight from District Director of Human Resources, reviews area compensation program periodically. This includes assisting area management in analyzing compensation practices for market competitiveness and internal equity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including employees, physicians, board members, visitors, patients and families, outside consultants and district and division management.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to work cooperatively as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Maintains a strong customer-service focus and commitment.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all contacts.
- Excellent knowledge of all Human Resources functions and employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Ability to use computer software, analyze data and produce reports.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 20% locally, rarely nationally.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, strongly preferred. Professional level experience and/or HRCI, SHRM or other certifications may be substituted for the education requirement.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Position requires a high level of proficiency in HR policies and practices normally acquired through three to five years of progressively responsible work experience in Human Resources at a Generalist or Business Partner level or higher; preferably with a multi-site employer.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications we may fill this at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.